There are no events available at the moment.All Events
DEKRA offers both complimentary public and company-requested private webinars. Contact us to request a quote for telecommute/remote training via our webinar platform.
Register for one or all of our complimentary process safety webinars below.
Demystifying Thermal Stability in Dust and Powder Analysis: Guarding Against Fires & Explosions Caused by Self-Heating and Decomposition
When: Nov. 15, 2023 at 2:00pm Eastern
When working with dust clouds and powder layers, the traditional focus is often on the material’s flammability characteristics. While these are vital to understand, it is also important to evaluate the safety implications for bulk storage, transportation, and drying of powders – particularly when they are processed at elevated temperatures.
Thermal stability data for powders is used to define safe operating temperatures for drying applications, and to determine safe storage and transportation configurations (e.g., pile or container size) for these materials. Failure to consider these conditions can allow dangerous exotherms to arise from self-heating or self-reaction.
During this webinar we will:
- Overview the hazards of self-heating and decomposition reactions involving powders and dusts.
- Identify pragmatic screening methods to identify scenarios that must be considered as part of establishing a Basis of Safety for handling and storing powders.
- Explore the UN/DOT transportation classification implications of powder self-heating and decomposition hazards.
- Demystifying Thermal Stability in Dust and Powder Analysis: Guarding Against Fires & Explosions
- Safety Improvements Using Process Safety Management Concepts
- From Synthesis to Shipping: How to Approach Process Safety for New Chemical Processes
- Combustible Dust Testing: From Basic to Advanced Testing
- Do I Operate a Group H Occupancy?
- Challenges in Implementing DHA Recommendations
- Bust Dust Myths: Avoid Making Common Mistakes Related to Combustible Dust & Powders
- The Endless "Do Loop" of LOPA: How LOPA Could Be Dragging You Down
- Don't Be a HAZMAT Pirate - Proper Classification & Safe Transport of Reactive Chemicals and Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Creating a Catastrophic Incident Prevention Culture
- Safety Considerations for Process Scale-Up
- Explosive Change Without Explosions: Tips to Prevent Catastrophic Events at Rapidly Expanding Facilities
- How Can It Happen Here? Learning From Industry Reactive Chemical Events
- Make Your DHA, Make a Difference: Effective Ways to Mitigate Combustible Dust Hazards
- Managing Often Overlooked Ignition Hazards
- How Hazardous Materials Impact Your Facility's Occupancy Classification
- Why Organizational Process Safety is a Firewall Against Catastrophe
- Navigating Hazardous Material Transportation Requirements
- Applying NFPA 61 to Manage Fire and Explosion Risks
- A Smart Testing Strategy for Reactive Hazard Characterization
- Pragmatic Solutions to the Inherent Hazards of Flammable Liquids
- Does DHA Revalidation Require a Do Over
- Leading with Vulnerability: Lessons Learned from 2020