Internet of Things Test Program
Safe is creating complete trust in connected devices
Today, increasing numbers of radio and communication technologies are being embedded in many types of devices, machines, systems and other types of equipment. Devices communicate with each other and with the cloud, all the while exchanging and processing personal and non-personal data. At the same time, Internet of Things (IoT) devices are becoming smarter and interact autonomously without user intervention, creating new and previously unknown safety risks. As a consequence, there is a substantial increase in the requirements and technical regulations for these new types of IoT products and the cloud they interact with.
Manufacturers are facing challenging testing and certification requirements from regulators, end users and other stakeholders in many different markets. DEKRA offers advanced technological testing services to help manufacturers meet regulatory, industry and network operator requirements, as well as quality, user experience and performance requirements to ensure devices and systems remain safe, secure and reliable to use.
- One-stop shop: One-stop shop for safety & privacy, wireless, mobile testing, EMC, radio frequency, cybersecurity, international market access and more.
- Global and local: Global market recognition and team, and local single point of contact.
- Recognitions and accreditations: We have a broad range of industry recognitions and international accreditations and we keep up with the latest technological developments.
- Flexibility: Flexibility and customer orientation are our top priorities.
We test (among others):
- Cloud solutions
- Consumer products
- Medical solutions
- Industrial devices
- Integrated devices, terminals
- Service providers
Authorized Test Laboratories for:
- Achilles Communication Certification
- Airfuel Alliance
- AllSeen Alliance
- Bluetooth Qualification Test Facility
- Car Connectivity Consortium
- LoRa Alliance
- HTC Connect
- KNX association
- NFC Forum
- Personal Connected Health Alliance
- ULE Alliance
- WiFi Alliance
- EMC 2014/30/EU & RED 2014/53/EU Notified Body
- Telecommunications Certification Body (TCB) by FCC in the US
- Foreign Certification Body (FCB) by ISED in Canada
- Notified Body according to 93/42/EEC (medical devices)
We have your IoT value chain covered
Devices and systems involved in facilitating a connection to the Internet of Things must not only be tested according to regulatory requirements, but also tested and certified to ensure that they are electrically and functionally safe, secure and reliable. In addition, they should protect the privacy of users while providing the expected user experience.
At DEKRA, we provide services for the complete IoT value chain for nearly every market, from software and hardware safety to connectivity, from application, cloud services and system integration to cybersecurity, and from operational testing to user experience testing. We help you meet user expectations and comply with industry requirements as well as the relevant mandatory and regulatory requirements through regulatory testing, conformance industry certifications, safety and reliability testing, performance testing, and interoperability, usability and functional testing.
Our global network of facilities has been recognized by organizations including the Wi-Fi Alliance, Bluetooth SIG, the NFC Forum, the ULE Alliance, the LoRa Alliance and the KNX association. Our experts have a thorough understanding of the entire IoT ecosystem.