Safe is lighting that smartly interacts with its surroundings
The future of the industry looks bright. With innovation occurring at the speed of light, lighting is currently seen as a key driver in the advance of the Internet of Things (IoT) and connected homes, buildings and cities. Light fixtures have become able to collect data from the environment and react accordingly, so it is no surprise they are now called ‘smart’. The opportunities seem endless as new applications become possible, shedding light on unexplored niches that are now within reach for manufacturers and retailers. Along with the promise of new functionalities come stricter requirements; accountability for safety and performance is paramount.
- Full support in innovation: With our broad portfolio, at DEKRA we can test every aspect of your product from the very beginning, enabling you to bring your innovations to market with confidence.
- International market access: Thanks to our large network of DEKRA labs and partners, we can help you obtain the necessary certifications to increase your global footprint.
- Right first time: With their thorough understanding of lighting industry requirements, our experts will help you to save valuable time by avoiding costly, cumbersome rework.
Manufacturers are under increasing pressure. On top of ensuring safety, they are now accountable for delivering products and components with the right photometric properties. At DEKRA, we offer independent services to characterize spectral distribution, lamp efficacy, luminous flux, UV contents, and reflection and transmission. You can also count on us to perform photobiological safety testing of lamps and lamp systems, ensuring that the light emitted by artificial light sources does not harm users.
We test among others:
- Consumer products
- Public lighting
- Office lighting
- Utility lighting products
- Architectural lighting
- Automotive lighting
- EU ErP directive
- Labeling directive
- EN 13201-4
- TM 21,LM-80
- LM 82
- LM 84
- Energy Star
Over the last few years, innovations in headlamps, signaling and light sources in combination with advanced styling and complexity have added tremendous value to automotive lighting. Ensuring quality, performance and safety while obtaining access to global markets is no easy task. Depending on the market, distinct requirements are applicable:
- Countries of the European Union, Russia and Japan require certification according to the UN ECE Regulations, for which DEKRA cooperates with several authorities.
- North America requires compliance with FMVSS108 (USA), CMVSS108 (Canada) and SAE standards for certain states, depending on the function. This can be demonstrated with reports issued by our partner Calcoast-ITL.
- India requires certification according to the AIS Standards based on witness testing by ARAI (or ICAT), which can be done directly in our laboratories.
- Taiwan requires certification by the local authorities, VSCC. The reports issued by DEKRA are automatically recognized, saving you time in obtaining VSCC approval.
- Brazil requires compliance with the portarias issued by INMETRO, for which DEKRA is accredited for testing, auditing and certification.
- China requires certification according to the GB Standards. While testing must take place in Chinese institutes, DEKRA can offer you guidance to ensure a smooth process.
With the support of an international branch network, our photometric laboratories undertake full testing programs in the space of just a few weeks. We take care of the entire process for you, saving you the hassle of submitting test samples to different laboratories.