Electric Mobility Testing
Testing and Certification for Electric Vehicles and Charging Infrastructure
Ensuring the safety, reliability, and interoperability of electrical vehicles, batteries, and charging infrastructure is a global focus for DEKRA. As the leader in future mobility testing and certification, we offer state-of-the-art services to manufacturers, suppliers, energy companies, operators, and service providers.
The Benefits of Electric Mobility Testing With DEKRA
- Scope. A wide testing- and certification-service range, including charging infrastructure, battery cells and modules, advanced driver-assistance systems, cables, inverters, wheels, and tire testing.
- Trusted Partner. A proven track record in testing and certification for the automotive, electrical, and electronics industries spanning more than 90 years.
- Coast-to-Coast Coverage. In the United States, we offer services on both the East and West coasts to ensure that we can provide testing when and where you need it.
- Global Footprint. Laboratories, testing facilities, and offices in more than 50 countries.
- Expertise. DEKRA stays informed with the latest legislative requirements and industry standards.
Our services include:
- Electric vehicles
- Charging stations (AC, DC)
- Plugs, cables, and wiring (HV)
- Battery cells, modules, and packs
- Battery management systems
- Electronic control units (ECU)
Your Partner for Future Mobility
We are the preferred partner for the industry’s largest companies because of our unwavering focus on improving safety, security, and sustainability. We not only monitor industry developments but also work closely with standardization organizations, working groups, and regulatory bodies to stay ahead of evolving standards. By taking a proactive role in this way, we strive to help international standards keep pace with the rapidly changing e-mobility landscape.
Our accreditations include:
- Open Charge Alliance–OCPP
- Automotive OEM standards (BMW, PSA, VW, etc.)
- UN 38.3
- UN ECE R100/R136
- e/E4, e/E1
- IECEE CB and CBTL
- DEKRA Charging Station Seal
- DEKRA Mark
As the partner for safety at home, at work, and on the road, DEKRA is one of the largest safety organizations in the world. Today, the company employs more than 47,000 specialists, worldwide, focused on increasing safety in all areas of life, including automotive consulting, industrial inspection, and product certification. DEKRA operates in over 60 countries, delivering a safer world through consulting, inspections, testing, certification, auditing, and training.
DEKRA is a trusted partner for testing and certification, offering turnkey product- certification services in nearly 200 countries and territories. With a worldwide presence and in-country partners, DEKRA provides the local certification and approval marks that you need in order to export your products to new markets around the world.