Organizational Process Safety
Risk-Based Process Safety: An Enhanced Approach to Risk Management
High hazard industries have long invested in process safety management systems. As consumers and the public increasingly scrutinize the safety practices of companies of all sizes, interest in Process Safety (PS) has grown. A new approach is to use the principles of High Reliability Organizations (HROs) to transform your process safety system.
DEKRA's Organizational Process Safety Framework
- An objective, scalable, precise, and reproducible measure of the maturity level of your site or organization.
- Optimal interventions to improve your organization’s maturity level, and benchmarking indicators to monitor this progress.
- The ability to conduct meaningful benchmarking across your sites and geographical areas, with an assessment tool that has all the features of a reliable metric.
- An expert assessment of both the capabilities and culture underpinning your organization’s risk management program carried out efficiently with your resources and personnel.
- A roadmap to optimizing process safety management in your organization.
- Discussion: Together we meet to determine the scope of the service, identifying the areas of the organization and workstreams to be assessed.
- Targeted assessment: Specialists familiar with your technology perform assessments that determine the PS maturity level within each identified workstream, and each receives a benchmark score for future monitoring.
- Prioritization and recommendations: Assessment results are prioritized so that weaker areas are addressed more urgently than relatively strong ones; interventions are proposed that promote maturity progress.
- Implementation support: Specialists are available in this optional stage to assist with the implementation of interventions.
- Reassessment: Within five years, an organization can request a follow-up assessment to measure progress and redirect efforts.