For nearly 80 years, NSC has honored individuals with Distinguished Service to Safety Awards.
NSC Recognizes Seven Safety Professionals with Top Honor
The National Safety Council, America’s leading nonprofit safety advocate, kicked off its 2021 NSC Safety Congress & Expo , the largest annual gathering of safety and health professionals worldwide, by honoring seven individuals with the Distinguished Service to Safety Award. As the highest honor given to safety professionals by the Council, the award recognizes outstanding contributions to the field of safety.
Candidates were nominated by both the general public and NSC members, and reviewed by NSC Division Committees. The following individuals were selected for recognition this year:
- William Bozzo, general manager, training and safety services, DEKRA Services
- Anthony Militello, director, environment, health and safety, 737 Program, delivery operations and total quality, The Boeing Company
- Dr. I. David Daniels, Ph.E., CSD, VPS president and CEO, ID2 Solutions, LLC
- Dr. Marilyn Huestis, professor, Thomas Jefferson University
- David Payton, regional director, environment, health and safety, Ericsson Inc.
- Dr. Mohamed Abdel-Aty, Pegasus professor and chair, University of Central Florida
- Frederic Rine, CSP, chief executive officer and founder, FDR Safety, LLC
“At NSC, our mission is to eliminate preventable injury and death, but we can’t achieve this alone. That’s why the annual Distinguished Service to Safety Award means so much,” said Lorraine Martin, NSC president and CEO. “Whether pioneering safety research or advancing best practices in the workplace, each honoree has helped make our local, national and international communities safer.”
The first Distinguished Service to Safety Award was presented in 1942 to recognize individuals and companies who significantly supported U.S. workers during World War II by reducing occupational injuries.
For more information about the Distinguished Service to Safety Award, as well as other NSC awards, visit nsc.org/awards .