DEKRA reminds you of the imminent reporting obligation for hazardous substances
Additional information for poison control centers
Starting in 2020, companies that place mixtures (“chemicals”) on the market must notify the authorities of each consumer product. The goal is to make information on potentially hazardous substances that consumers may come into contact with transparent for public institutions, such as poison control centers. The expenditure for manufacturers will be significant. DEKRA’s hazardous substance experts advise the companies affected to immediately prepare for the reporting obligation.
- Clarify which formulations the company is concerned with.
- Check its own formulations and ask suppliers for additional information.
- Assign product categories according to the new rules.
- Gather, review, and (if necessary) improve all reportable information.
- Coordinate with the company to determine how the UFI can be integrated into the product label
- Generate UFIs.
- Carry out product reports.